Fall is officially here and winter is right around the corner. But before you start planning your company’s holiday party, it’s crucial that you first take the necessary steps to get your office ready for the colder season.
Here are five ways you can prep your workplace for the fall and winter months.
- Schedule seasonal maintenance for your heating system. During the spring, it’s ideal to have maintenance conducted on your building’s HVAC system to ensure the air conditioning is ready to roll for summer. During the fall, you want to do the same thing for your heating to ensure it’s ready for winter.
- Optimize your workplace’s air quality. Spring may be the season for cleaning, but it’s also a good idea to clean your air ducts before winter, too. Dust, dirt, and allergens build up in your ventilation system throughout the year. Left uncleaned, this buildup can cause higher energy bills this winter.
- Schedule maintenance for your roof. Just like your house, the roof of your workplace is an important part of keeping yourself (and your workers) dry and warm this winter. Schedule maintenance to make sure there are no damaged shingles that could let water leak through the insulation. An ice dam is the last thing you want to worry about during the holidays.
- Have your pipes inspected. Your pipes are more likely to burst during the colder months, so it’s a good idea to have them inspected and insulated. It’s also recommended to seal the areas where the pipes enter and exit the building.
- Schedule your document shredding. During the winter months, the number of structural fires increases across the United States. This means fires are more likely to start inside the home than outside (like in California’s dry summer climate). When you have stacks of unused paperwork in your workplace, you’re creating a fire hazard.
Looking for Portland shredding services?
Corporate identity theft costs American businesses $48 billion every year. What’s more, up to 90% of identity thefts use information obtained from print sources rather than information obtained online.
The Portland document shredding services of Data Safe can keep your sensitive information safe from criminals by destroying your unused documents in a safe and secure environment. To learn more about our professional shredding services or to schedule your document destruction, contact the professional document shredding services of Data Safe today.